I am an Assistant Professor at the Computer Science department of Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI). I also hold a collaborative appointment of Assistant Professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering department.
My research interests are in: Security and fault-tolerance for cyber-physical systems (CPS). Novel biometrics for wearable/implantable systems. Cyber-security for assistive technologies.
Email: kven at wpi dot edu
Office: Fuller 137
Address: 100 Institute Road, Worcester, MA, 01609
Phone: 508-831-6571 (I do not check voice mail, please email)
- August 2017: My candidacy for affiliate faculty status with the Data Science Program has been approved.
- August 2017: I was interviewed for an article titled “Say goodbye to your keyboard” for Hewlett Packard Enterprises Insights page. [[LINK]]
- July 2017: Hang Cai presented our paper “Patient Identity Verification based on Physiological Signal Fusion” @ MedPST in Philadelphia, PA.
- June 2017: Hang Cai presented our paper “Deploying Data-Driven Security Solutions on Resource-Constrained Wearable IoT System”, @ IoTCA, in IEEE ICDCS, Atlanta, GA.
- May 2017: My paper on the topic “A Cyber-Physical Approach to Trustworthy Operation of Health Monitoring Systems” has been accepted the Workshop in Trusted Computing in Distributed Hybrid Systems, held in conjunction with IEEE ATC 2017.
- Graduate Students
- Hang Cai (PhD)
- Brittany Gradel (PhD)
- Joshua Hebert (BS/MS)
- Rohitpal Singh (MS)
- Undergraduate Students
- Kenedi Heather
- Kunal Shah